The Vinnies Drive-In, Sleep-In is a community event aimed at raising awareness and funds to support people who are experiencing or are at risk of homelessness. We are inviting families, friends and community and business organisations to break out of their comfort zone for one night only to experience what it’s like to sleep in their car. On the night participants can purchase items from food trucks and will watch Disney's "Toy Story 4" and Marvel Studios' "Avengers: Endgame" before sleeping overnight in their cars. Breakfast will be provided in the morning.
6:00pm, Friday 18 October to 7:00am, Saturday 19 October 2019
Galaxy Drive In Theatre, 159 Goollelal Drive Kingsley WA 6026
Homelessness and poverty are often overlooked and misunderstood by the wider community. This experience will be eye opening and leave you with a greater sense of empathy and understanding for people experiencing disadvantage.
How to get involved?
1. Register your team, there will be a $95 registration fee
2. Recruit members of your family, friends and colleagues to join your team
3. Start fundraising – ask for donations
• $500 fundraising target per team (this includes the $95 registration fee). The more funds you raise, the more Vinnies can help people in need.
• Share on social media and via email to your networks
4. Lookout for Vinnies regular communication
5. Attend the event on Friday 18 October 2019Register today